Thursday 7 October 2010

A Bit Of The Past

This piece was my first stop motion piece from last year but also is kind of personal to me. Going back in to full time education after 8 years in full time work, meeting new people, many of which were 8 years younger than me, I felt a bit nostalgic. During the move from Birmingham to Taunton I stumbled across some old diaries which I decided to animate and over dramatise for a media piece. Reading through them, they were astonishingly cringe worthy, a 14 year old me banging on about which boy I fancied this week and trying to find a baby blue Kappa Jacket to match my Kappa popper trackie bottoms to impress the boy I liked (it was cool clothing back then I swear!!!)
Anyway, so yeah I took one of my old diaries and decided to create an opening title sequence by animating it. I must add that I completely over dramatised the images and "storyline", I was no where near that rebellious or promiscuous at that age, but I wanted to create something opposing to the stereotypical mainstream tweenie chick flick where the heroine is a girl next door hottie/underdog who somehow always gets the drop dead gorgeous jock heart throb.
I have actually lost the original finished piece with titled credits unfortunately, but actually they only distracted from the animating anyway. Also I made a bit of an error in the audio I chose to use with it. I heard the song on the radio, and loved it, but unfortunately went with the fact I loved the song, and ignored that it is famously associated with Slumdog Millionaire and the lyrics have little relevance to the theme. Plus it ends short as this was not the final piece, so apologies for music and images just cutting off at the end!
That aside I enjoyed making it.
Its funny how at the time I was so proud of it, yet now I can see so many errors or things I would do differently or better, but then I take that as a good thing, practise makes perfect eh?!

***ALL IMAGES USED IN THE
PIECE ARE IN NO WAY
REPRESENTATIONS OF THE PEOPLE THEY FEATURE AND WERE USED PURELY ON PHOTOGRAPH VALUE. ALL IMAGES WERE USED AT THE CONSENT OF THE OWNER***

No comments:

Post a Comment